Special Programs & Workshops
Cycling Workshops with Master’s Cyclists – Coming Soon!
Throughout the spring and summer months, we offer opportunities for GTC members to hone their cycling skills with Master’s cyclists Peter Morris and Dave Kay.
These workshops take place on the road and WILL help you become a more skilled and powerful cyclist!
Space is limited to 10 people per workshop.
Drop-In DIY Bike Maintenance Workshop – Free for GTC Members – Coming Soon!
Bike Centre, University of Guelph
GTC Member James Seery has coordinated this awesome opportunity for our club members to learn the ABCs of bike tune-ups and minor do-it-yourself bike maintenance and repairs.
Learn how to take care of your most expensive triathlon asset in a fun and social setting! Topics include:
- Cleaning & Lubing Chains
- Fixing Flats Fast
- Tuning Brakes and Derailleurs
- Cleaning & General Maintenance
- Improving Bike Fit
- Taping Handle Bars
Grab a coffee, bring your bike and get your hands a bit dirty!
This program will continue to run throughout the summer months, based on participation. The workshops are held at The Bike Centre, University of Guelph.
About the The Bike Centre
The Bike Centre is a do-it-yourself bike repair shop.
This service offers access to the tools, parts, and training necessary for bicycle maintenance, along with a team of volunteers that are available to assist users and facilitate learning. Workshops are hosted by experienced technicians who educate and create awareness about bicycle maintenance and safety, and address bicycle-related oppression issues.
Please consider bringing a $5 donation each time you drop in. This helps fund the Bike Centre.
To bike to the Bike Centre, Central Student Association, University of Guelph:
- Turn North East off Gordon Street into the driveway just north of the intersection with South Ring Road (South Ring Road is the set of lights north of the intersection with Stone Road). MAP
- Note that the Bike Centre shares the same building as the Food Bank.
- Free Parking: Go to lot P42, which you can reach by turning North East off Gordon onto South Ring Road, then taking the next left and an immediate right. MAP. From this parking lot, head east and follow a short path between two buildings. The Bike Centre will be on your left.