GTC Update for the 2020 Triathlon and Duathlon Season
We are now into stage 3, and limits on outdoor gatherings have increased to 100 people, continuing to require social distancing. As such, our training will resume as follows:
Wednesdays: BRIC workout at Calvary Church on Arkell. 6 pm meet-up, cycling by 6:15.
Sundays: Swim/Bike workout at Victoria Quarry. Swim at 8. Cycle at 9:15.
Mondays: Swim workout at Victoria Quarry. 6 pm start.
Our first priority is protecting the health and safety of our members. GTC will continue to monitor and re-evaluate the situation and provide updates.
We hope to see you all out at practice soon!
GTC Leadership Team
Welcome to GTC!
From 20 to 80+, Try-a-Tri to Ironman, the GTC is a diverse group of athletes who are welcoming to all and will encourage you to achieve your triathlon/multi-sport goals, whatever they are.
Hoping to finish your first race? Check out one of our beginner clinics or sign up for the annual membership- we’ll get you across that finish line with a smile on your face! Already an athlete but looking for a community to keep you motivated? We’ll have you setting a new personal best in no time! All of our workouts are designed to allow members of different skill levels to train together.
2018 marks my third year as a GTC member and my first as club president. When I joined in 2016 I had only just moved to Guelph and was so happy to find a friendly community of like-minded people who helped me to fall in love with triathlon.
As I take over leadership of the club, I hope to help that community grow and to ensure that our programs meet the needs of our members.
If you have any questions about joining the club check out our FAQ page and don’t hesitate to contact us via the website or Facebook if you have any further questions. If you would prefer to have your questions answered in person, you are always welcome to come out and try a workout before you commit to a membership. I can’t wait to see you all out for an amazing, fun, and fit 2018!
- Annual & Mid-Season Memberships
Prepare for your first triathlon!
- Spring Beginner's Clinic runs from April 29 OR April 30 (TBD) to June 17, 2020
- Summer Beginner's Clinic runs from July 15 to September 2, 2020
Learn more about GTC's Beginner's Clinics.
- Special Workshops
- Fall Programs
- Tues. Jan. 7: First Indoor Spin Workout, UofG Athletic Centre Room 3216, 6:45-7:45pm
- Wed. Jan. 8: First Pool Swim, UofG Athletic Centre Gold Pool, 8-9pm
- Wed. Mar. 18: Last Pool Swim at UofG (due to construction)
- Sat. Mar. 21: Try the Track with GTC at the Velodrome
- Wed. Mar.25: Pool Swims Begin at Victor Davis Pool
- Tues. Apr. 14: Last indoor spin
- Thurs. Apr. 23: First outdoor workout
- Sun. Apr. 26: Velodrome
- Apr. 29 OR Apr.30 (TBD): Spring Beginner Clinic starts
- Wed. May 27: Last indoor swim
- Sat. Jun. 20: Guelph Lake 1
- Thurs. Jun. 4: Summer Outdoor Swim starts
- Wed. Jul.15: Summer Beginner Clinic starts
- Sat. Sep.5: Guelph Lake II